- When will the Summer Term 2022 course list be available?
- The preliminary course list will be available by December 6, 2021. Starting in March 2022, students will be able to view courses online in SIS.
- I am considering taking summer courses. Do I need to have the hold on my student record removed before I register for Summer Term?
- Yes, to register for summer courses you cannot have any holds. Please see this guide to remove a hold from your record.
- How long is Summer Term?
- There are several different terms within Summer Session, allowing for scheduling flexibility.
|May session (3-week)||May 9 – May 27|
|8-week session||June 6 – August 1*|
|5-week session||June 6 – July 11*|
|June 4-week session||June 6 – July 1|
|6-week session||June 20 – August 1*|
|July 4-week session||July 12 – August 8*|
*No classes on Monday, May 30 or Monday, July 4
- What do I do if the class I need is full?
- Enrollment does fluctuate, so please keep checking back for openings in case another student has dropped the course. You can also submit permission to add requests via SIS.
- Can I apply for financial aid?
- When do I have to pay my summer tuition?
- How much will I be refunded if I drop a course or withdrawal?
- It depends on if the course has yet begun and/or how long the course has been running during its session. For more information on refunds for dropped courses/withdrawal dates, please see the Withdrawal & Refund Schedule on the Student Financial Services website.
- Is there a discount for courses offered online?
- Tuition is the same for on-campus, online, and study abroad courses.
- How many classes can I take in the summer?
- There is not a minimum, but there is a maximum of 12 credit hours combined for all summer sessions. That is a very heavy load for a compressed time period like the Summer Term, so it’s best to discuss plans with your advisor or Navigator.
- Can I take Summer Term courses online?
- We offer both on-campus and online courses.
- I am a current CWRU resident student who plans to take classes and live on campus this summer. Can I stay in the same dorm room that I am in now?
- That will depend on where you are living now as only certain housing areas are available during the summer. Please reach out to the CWRU Housing Office for more information about which areas those are and if you would be eligible to stay in your current room.
- I am a current CWRU student, but want to take classes at a different institution near my home this summer. What do I do?
- I will be in the Cleveland area this summer, but go to another institution during the year. Can I take classes at CWRU while here this summer?
- Absolutely! See our webpage detailing how visiting students can take courses at CWRU during the Summer Session.
- I am visiting student, will my credits transfer back to my home institution?
- If you are currently enrolled at another institution, we suggest that you obtain approval from your home institution for the courses you plan to take before starting at CWRU. Please consult with your home institution regarding transfer policies and procedures.
- I am a visiting student who is registered for a class for the CWRU Summer Term. How can I obtain a copy of the syllabus?