Dear Visiting Student:

Welcome and thank you for your interest in Case Western Reserve University! We hope that you find the following information helpful as you prepare to study with us this summer. First, please see the descriptions below to see how you would be classified at CWRU.

Non-degree student (not seeking a degree from CWRU)

A non-degree student is one who already has an undergraduate degree and wishes to take enrichment courses, to enroll in undergraduate courses for credit, or to audit courses and not receive degree credit. More information can be found here for those students who already have a degree (from CWRU or other).

Visiting/transient student

A visiting/transient student is someone who attends another college or university and wishes take summer courses at CWRU to transfer back to their home institution.  Adults who have completed high school and who are not enrolled in a degree program may also enroll for summer classes as a visiting student.

Visiting/transient students should follow these steps to register for summer classes at CWRU:

Step 1:

Complete the Visiting Student Summer application


Undergraduate Advising Support
Sears Building, Room 340
10900 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44106

Step 2:

Once your form is approved, you will receive an email confirmation or letter of acceptance from the Office of Undergraduate Studies.  This message will have instructions to register in CWRU’s Student Information System (SIS).

If you prefer to register in person, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Advising Support at 216.368.2928 or send an email to to make an appointment.

General information

The list of courses and descriptions shared here is preliminary, designed to give you a preview of what will be offered in the summer. The official Schedule of Classes will be available starting in March.

If you have registered for May Term or any of the summer sessions and decide you want to cancel your enrollment, you must contact the Office of Undergraduate Advising Support ( Sears Bldg., Rm. 340.  A refund of 100% will apply only to students who cancel enrollment on (or before) the first day of the classes.  Refund amounts will be reduced beyond that date.

More information can be found on our FAQs page. If you have questions not answered here, please email or call 216-368-4413.

We look forward to seeing you this summer!