- When will the Summer Session 2020 course list be available?
- The preliminary course list will be available on November 29, 2019. Starting February 4, 2020, students will be able to place summer courses in their cart in SIS.
- I am considering taking summer courses. Do I need to have the hold on my student record removed before I register for the Summer Session?
- Yes, to register for summer courses you cannot have any holds. Please see this helpful guide to remove a hold from your record.
- What do I do if the class I need is full?
- Enrollment does fluctuate, so please keep checking back for openings in case another student has dropped the course. You can also write to the instructor asking for permission to enroll if the class is full.
- Can I apply for financial aid?
- When do I have to pay my summer tuition?
- How much will I be refunded if I drop a course or withdrawal?
- It depends on if the course has yet begun and/or how long the course has been running during its session. For more information on refunds for dropped courses/withdrawal dates, please see the Withdrawal & Refund Schedule on the Student Financial Services website.
- Is there a discount for courses offered online?
- Tuition is the same for on-campus, online, and study abroad courses.
- How many classes can I take in the summer?
- There is not a minimum, but there is a maximum of 12 credit hours combined for all summer sessions. That is a very heavy load for a compressed time period like the Summer Session, so it’s best to discuss plans with your advisor.
- Can I take Summer Session courses online?
- There are a limited number of online courses for Summer Session 2020.
- I am a current CWRU resident student who plans to take classes and live on campus this summer. Can I stay in the same dorm room that I am in now?
- That will depend on where you are living now as only certain housing areas are available during the summer. Please reach out to the CWRU Housing Office for more information about which areas those are and if you would be eligible to stay in your current room.
- I am a current CWRU student, but want to take classes at a different institution near my home this summer. What do I do?
- I will be in the Cleveland area this summer, but go to another institution during the year. Can I take classes at CWRU while here this summer?
- Absolutely! See our webpage detailing how visiting students can take courses at CWRU during the Summer Session.
- I am visiting student, will my credits transfer back to my home institution?
- If you are currently enrolled at another institution, we suggest that you obtain approval from your home institution for the courses you plan to take before starting at CWRU. Please consult with your home institution regarding transfer policies and procedures.
- I am a visiting student who is registered for a class for the CWRU Summer Session. How can I obtain a copy of the syllabus?